Navigating DUI Drug Cases provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for taking on a driving under the influence case when drugs are involved. Featuring experienced criminal defense attorneys from around the country, this book guides the reader through the recent trends, important cases, and changing laws impacting this emerging area. With a focus on how DUIDs are different from other DUI cases, these top lawyers discuss how to build an effective defense, obtain the necessary discovery, incorporate expert witness testimony, and stay up-to-date on the latest drug detection methods. These authors also examine the role of drug recognition experts, including understanding the training involved, cross-examining DREs, and refuting a DRE evaluation. Additionally, these leaders describe how these cases are challenging for both the state and the defense, and assess how technology and procedures need to change in the future. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this burgeoning field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Steven W. Hernandez, Chief Executive Officer, The Law Office of Steven W. Hernandez PC - "Defending the Indefensible: The Drug DUI"
2. Richard S. Lawson, Partner, The Law Offices of Richard S. Lawson - "Practical Advice for the Effective Defense of DUI Drug Cases"
3. Brian L. Leininger, Principal, Leininger Law Offices - "The Challenges of DUI Investigation and Defense Involving Drugs"
4. Paul J. Tafelski, Member, Pierce, Duke, Farrell & Tafelski PLC - "Drug DUI Defense Strategy: Understand the Facts and Do Your Research"
5. Jay Tiftickjian, President, The Tiftickjian Law Firm PC - "Planting the Seeds for a Successful Defense in a Drugged Driving Case"
6. Rhidian D.W. Orr, Owner, The Orr Law Firm LLC - "Knowledge Is Power: Learn to Discern the Difference Between Good and Bad Science in DUID Cases"
7. Matthew W. Reisig, Owner, Reisig & Associates LLC - "DUI Drug Cases: A Defense Perspective"
Appendix A: DUI Client Intake Form
Appendix B: Indicators Consistent with Drug Categories
Appendix C: Drug Evaluation and Classification Program
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0314284567
Book Description Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110314284567