Representing Policyholders in Insurance Cases provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on handling insurance issues the policyholder encounters during the legal process. Featuring experienced partners from law firms across the nation, these experts guide the reader through different types of insurance contracts and the various disputes that can arise between the insurer and insured. These top lawyers offer advice on helping the client in purchasing insurance, analyzing the policy, addressing coverage disputes, and determining if bad faith has occurred. Additionally, these experts provide in-depth discussion on the laws that protect policyholders and key considerations for determining when it is appropriate to settle versus litigate a case. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this ever-evolving area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Neil B. Posner, Principal and Chair, Policyholders' Insurance Coverage Practice Group, Much Shelist PC - "Guiding Policyholders Through the Insurance Coverage Legal Process"
2. Dennis T. D'Antonio, Managing Partner, Weg and Myers PC - "Key Provisions in Today's Insurance Policies"
3. Ivo Labar, Partner, Kerr & Wagstaffe LLP - "Helping Clients Understand Their Policy Coverage and Developing Insurance Litigation Strategies"
4. Chris Faiella, Managing Member, Tatlow Gump Faiella & Wheelan LLC - "Preventing Policyholder Abuse: Recognizing, Understanding, and Litigating Third Party Bad Faith Cases"
5. Philip L. Pillsbury Jr., Founding Partner, Pillsbury & Levinson LLP - "Empowering Policyholders in Disputes with Insurers: Key Strategies"
6. Maria Pepe VanDerLaan, Partner, Murtha Cullina LLP - "Managed Care and Reimbursement Claims: Protecting Providers From a Code Blue"
7. David A. Gauntlett, Principal, Gauntlett & Associates - "Representing Policyholders In Combating Allegations of Fraud in 'Offense' Based Coverage Litigation"
8. Kit Chaskin, Partner, Reed Smith LLP - "Title Insurance Coverage for Mechanic's Liens"
Appendix A: Request for Production of Documents
Appendix B: First Interrogatories to Defendant Insurer
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 192 pages. 8.50x5.50x0.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0314285199