Strategies for Defending Domestic Violence Cases provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for handling cases involving a domestic dispute. Featuring experienced criminal defense attorneys from around the country, this book guides the reader through the current domestic violence landscape and examines recent trends and cases that lawyers need to be aware of. From bringing in experts and interacting with the alleged victim to preparing clients for trial and negotiating plea deals, these top lawyers share practical and proven advice that will take you through every aspect of a DV case. Additionally, these leaders discuss the evolving definition of domestic violence and what it means for case strategies. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these knowledgeable lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this serious field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Jeremy Lasnetski, Partner, Law Office of Shorstein & Lasnetski - "The Anatomy of a Domestic Violence Case: A Practical View"
2. Gerald Bublitz, Partner, Bublitz Law PC - "A Practical Guide to Analyzing Domestic Violence Cases, with an Emphasis on Determining Trial Eligibility"
3. Karen Steinhauser, Owner, The Law Office of Karen Steinhauser LLC - "Domestic Violence Defense: Cases with No Boundaries"
4. Jay R. Rooth, Partner, Moses & Rooth, Attorneys at Law - "Credibility Strategies for an Incredible Defense"
5. Jeffrey D. Cohen, Founder, The Law Office of Jeffrey D. Cohen - "The Trend Away from 'Cookie Cutter' Domestic Violence Cases"
Appendix A: A Private Investigator Fee Agreement
Appendix B: Crawford v. Washington
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0314285210
Book Description Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0314285210
Book Description Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110314285210
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 124 pages. 8.25x5.50x0.25 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0314285210