Defending Workplace Injury Cases provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on helping employers address workers' compensation claims. Featuring experienced partners from law firms across the nation, these experts define the most common types and causes of workplace injuries and divulge best practices for determining the validity of a claim. These top lawyers offer specific advice on examining the plaintiff's medical history, mounting a successful defense, and preparing witnesses for effective testimony. From updating compliance programs to encouraging health and safety training, these experts discuss preventative measures to help employers avoid workplace injury claims. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this ever-present legal field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Karen Gail Treece, Shareholder, Treece Alfrey Musat PC - "Key Issues for Workplace Injury Attorneys and their Employer Clients in Handling Workers' Compensation Claims"
2. Joseph H. Purvis, Shareholder, Dover Dixon Horne PLLC - "Defending Against Illegitimate Claims and Attempts to Circumvent Workers' Compensation Exclusivity Clause"
3. Guy Alton Wade, Partner, Friday Eldredge & Clark - "Assisting Employers in Successfully Preventing and Defending against Workers' Compensation Claims"
4. Gary K. Jones, Shareholder, Daniel Coker Horton & Bell PA - "Working with Employers on Preparing a Workers' Compensation Claim Defense"
5. Celia J. Collins, Partner, Johnstone Adams Bailey Gordon & Harris LLC - "Strategies for Preventing Workplace Injuries, Mounting a Successful Defense, and Reducing the Amount of Damages Awarded to the Plaintiff"
6. Samuel M. Duran, Partner, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP - "Understanding the Key Elements of Defending Employer Clients in Workers' Compensation Claims"
7. Paul S. Mazeski, Shareholder, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC - "Understanding Trends and Managing Costs in Workers' Compensation Claims"
8. William E. Pipkin Jr., Senior Partner, Austill Lewis & Pipkin PC - "Key Regulations Impacting Workplace Injury Cases in Alabama"
Appendix A: Form Interrogatories
Appendix B: Claimant's Deposition Outline
Appendix C: Bermuda Triangle Termination Checklist
Appendix D: Comparisons Between the FMLA, the ADA, and the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act
Appendix E: Fact Sheet on Affordable Care Act and Wellness Programs
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2013. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0314289844
Book Description Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2013. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110314289844
Book Description West Group, 2013. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. inside the minds edition. 156 pages. 8.40x5.50x0.40 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0314289844