Defending Intellectual Property Rights Cases in China provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on the current state of China's IP establishment and the options available for protecting clients' rights more efficiently. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, this book guides the reader through the various differences and similarities between intellectual property law in the United States and the People's Republic of China (PRC), with a focus on the administrative and judicial tracks for seeking infringement remedies. With so much at stake, these intellectual property and litigation experts provide tips for practitioners to help clients protect their IP rights, industry know-how, and trade secrets. They discuss the different types of patents available, their strengths and weaknesses, and how litigation should be approached. In this slowly improving enforcement environment, these industry leaders reflect on the challenges clients face, the future of China's IP system, and the role that courts and administrators at the local level will continue to play in this evolving area of law. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this dynamic field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Thomas T. Moga, Shook Hardy & Bacon LLC - "Building a Better Patent Portfolio: A Step in Striving for Greater Predictability when Litigating Patent Law Cases in China"
2. Harley I. Lewin, McCarter & English LLP - "Understanding the Challenges and Nuances of Defending Intellectual Property Rights in China"
3. Grace Pan, Kaye Scholer LLP - "Obtaining and Enforcing Patent Rights in the People's Republic of China"
4. Victoria F. Maroulis, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan - "China's Evolving IP Regime and Avenues of Enforcement"
5. Thomas Stiebel, Quarles & Brady LLP - "Protecting Trade Secrets in China: A Roadmap"
6. Clark W. Lackert, Dickstein Shapiro LLP, and Zhongcheng Zhao, PATMARK Attorneys - "Defending Intellectual Property Rights"
7. Peter H. Kang, Sidley Austin LLP - "IP Licensing in Asia: Intellectual Property Licensing Issues and Transactional Law Strategies Regarding the Chinese Market"
Appendix: Checklist for Clients Contemplating on Entering the Chinese Market
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2013. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0314290478
Book Description Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2013. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0314290478