Insurance Law discusses the key upcoming trends in insurance law for 2015, highlighting the major milestones over the past year and providing overall thought leadership for the year ahead. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts discuss recent changes in laws, decisions, and policies that have affected the practice of insurance law, as well as recent case decisions that will impact the future scope of this ever changing area of law.
1. Philip L. Pillsbury Jr. and Eric K. Larson, Pillsbury & Coleman LLP - "Addressing Common Asserted Defenses to Coverage and Bad Faith Liability"
2. David A. Gauntlett, Gauntlett & Associates - "The Evolution of Insurance Coverage for Business Tort Claims Under 'Personal and Advertising Injury' Coverage"
3. Anthony P. Tatum, King & Spalding LLP - "Navigating the Changing Landscape of Commercial Insurance"
4. Michael E. Jacobs, McGowan & Jacobs LLC - "Insurance Fraud in 'The Great Recession'"
5. Michael G. Gee, Porteous Hainkel and Johnson LLP - "Successful Strategies for Litigating Insurance Claims"
6. David W. Deal, Holland & Knight LLP - "What Would Rubik Do? Solving the Global Insurance Compliance Enigma"
7. Hal S. Shaftel, Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft LLP - "Applying the Attorney-Client Privilege Between Insurer and Policyholder"
8. Randy A. Bridgeman, Perkins Coie LLP - "Representation and Warranty Insurance: A Primer On Its Uses and Features"
9. James W. Hailey III, Deutsch Kerrigan & Stiles - "Choose Your Friends Wisely: Social Media Ethics in Claims Management and Investigation"
10. Rikke Dierssen-Morice, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP - "Covered and Uncovered Exposures: Strategies for Defense Fee Recovery and Settlement Allocation"
Appendix A: List of Relevant References
Appendix B: LA RS 22:1892 - Payment and Adjustment of Claims, Policies Other than Life and Health and Accident; Personal Vehicle Damage Claims; Extension of Time to Respond to Claims During Emergency or Disaster; Penalties; Arson-Related Claims Suspension
Appendix C: LA RS 22:1973 - Good Faith Duty; Claims Settlement Practices; Cause of Action; Penalties
Appendix D: LA CCP ART 863 - Signing of Pleadings, Effect
Appendix E: LA CCP ART 964 - Motion to Strike
Appendix F: LA RS 9:2800:6 - Burden of Proof in Claims Against Merchants
Appendix G: Written Notice of Potential Claims
Appendix H: Law Firm Tender Letter
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want