Strategies for Family Law in New York provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on the changing environment regarding domestic law in New York state. Featuring partners from some of the state's leading law firms, this book guides the reader through revisions to the Family Court Act, the Domestic Relations Law, the Marriage Equality Act, and analyze other recent legal changes. These top lawyers share their points of view on resolving child custody issues, negotiating property division, and maintaining objectivity while guiding clients through emotionally stressful situations. From court-to-court variations to the effectiveness of alternative dispute resolution, these authors also examine the legal process itself, and discuss strategies for working with court officers, judges, and opposing counsel. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to navigating this ever-changing area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Mario David Cometti, Partner, Tully Rinckey PLLC - "Staying on Top of Changing Family Law Issues and Strategies"
2. Steven H. Klein, Founder, Klein Varble & Associates PC - "Winning Strategies and Potential Pitfalls in New York Family Law Cases"
3. Bryan L. Salamone, Principal, Bryan L. Salamone & Associates PC - "Knowing Your Clients, Knowing the Law: Getting the Best Results for Your Family Law Clients"
4. Sharon Stiller, Sam Ferrara, and Steve Eisman, Partners, Abrams Fensterman Fensterman Eisman Formato Ferrara & Wolf LLP - "The Impact of the No-Fault Law, the Marriage Equality Act, and Other Recent Developments on Divorce Law in New York"
5. Bridget J. Tartaglia, Partner, Jakubowski Robertson Maffei Goldsmith & Tartaglia LLP - "Responding to Changing Family Law Statutes: Successfully Adjusting Your Settlement Strategies"
Appendix A: Eschbach v. Eschbach
Appendix B: Tropea v. Tropea
Appendix C: Johnston v. Nakis
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want