Elder law clients tend to be more vulnerable than many others, making their protection an area of high importance. This is especially true in California, where the law explicitly requires giving them and their advisors the best tools for combating potential abuses. Elder Law Client Strategies in California includes up-close-and-personal accounts of attorneys protecting their clients from financial abuse and proven strategies to assist them through evolutions in the estate planning process. These leading authorities in their field use real examples from their practices in helping clients retain control of their estates and select appropriate trustees, while also outlining changes in abuse regulation enforcement. Throughout each chapter, these authors have provided you with specific advice on educating clients about their planning options, avoiding probate, and selecting long-term care facilities. This book contains the top tools and strategies for helping you ensure that your clients maintain control of their assets, in addition to giving you best practices for detecting and preventing potential financial abuse when you see it. When it comes to practicing in the field of elder law in California, let the experts in Elder Law Client Strategies in California help you be the best lawyer you can be for your clients.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Niall McCarthy, Principal, Cotchett Pitre & McCarthy LLP-"Fighting Financial Elder Abuse in California"
2. Alex B. Scheingross, Sole Proprietor, The Law Office of Alex Scheingross-"Protecting Elder Assets"
3. Peter S. Myers, Shareholder, Myers Urbatsch PC-"Client's Needs Trump Beneficiaries' Needs and Advisor's Beliefs"
4. Kathleen A. Durrans, Shareholder, Aaron Riechert Carpol & Riffle APC-"Using Revocable Trusts and Conservatorships to Protect Incapacitated Elders in California"
5. Kathryn A. Schofield, Partner, Steele George Schofield & Ramos-"Elder Law: Intake Is the Most Important Part"
6. Ernest F. Der, Partner, Skootsky & Der LLP-"California Estate Planning Issues: New Tools for Elders and Their Attorneys"
7. Joseph A. Piasta II, Owner, Law Offices of Joseph A. Piasta II, and Mary Piasta Valluzzo, Partner, Piasta Valluzzo Law Group LLP-"California Laws and Long-Term Relationships with Trusted Advisors Help Protect Elders"
8. Linda C. Kramer, Managing Partner, Kramer Radin LLP-"Counseling Elder Law Clients and Helping Them Achieve Their Goals"
Appendix A: Plaintiff's Brief in Support of Instructing the Jury on the Caregiver Presumption; Case No. Civ524311
Appendix B: California Uniform Statutory Power of Attorney
Appendix C: Advance Health Care Directive
Appendix D: California Statutory Will
Appendix E: How to Review a Trust to Make Sure It Is Complete
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson Reuters, 2015. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0314293728