This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
When it comes to post-conviction appeals, understanding how to undergo the process is just as important as understanding the legal challenges you will need to overcome. Knowing how the defendant was convicted, what evidence was involved, and which motions can be most helpful to your client can make an otherwise grueling process smoother. Navigating Post-Conviction Appeals, authored by highly experienced partners from law firms across the country, addresses these issues and more. This book will give you an in-depth look at both challenging convictions on appeal, as well as what the odds are for defendants to win, and possibilities for post-conviction relief. Using techniques from their own practices and firms, these authors explain direct appeals, section 2255 motions, rule 33 motion for a trial, and when to petition for writ of error coram nobis. They offer best practices for assessing the effectiveness of counsel, discuss whether or not you can appeal on new evidence, and what your client's options are if the appeal is denied. They also cover highly specific topics that range from determining the appropriate venue based on a defendant's initial sentencing, to explaining how motions for compassionate release and presidential pardons work. The appeals process is often difficult, but with this book you'll be able to successfully navigate many of its obstacles.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. James H. Feldman Jr., Sole Practitioner, Law Office of James H. Feldman Jr.-"Federal Criminal Appeals and Post-Conviction Relief: Getting the Most Out of Limited Opportunities for Relief"
2. David Oscar Markus, Partner, Markus/Moss PLLC-"Battling Goliath: Trying to Win in the Court of Appeals"
3. Randall S. Levine, Partner, Levine & Levine-"Challenging Convictions on Appeal: A Difficult but not Impossible Battle"
4. Richard B. Lind, Owner, Law Office of Richard B. Lind-"Understanding the Appeals Process: Preserving the Record, Weighing the Grounds, and Preparing the Client for the Process"
5. Joseph King, Partner, King Campbell Poretz & Thomas PLLC-"Developing an Appeals Strategy for Criminal Convictions and Assessing Effective Assistance of Counsel"
Appendix A: Sample Petition for Appeal
Appendix B: Sample Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson Reuters. Condition: New. Paperback. Worldwide shipping. FREE fast shipping inside USA (express 2-3 day delivery also available). Tracking service included. Ships from United States of America. Seller Inventory # 0314293930
Book Description Thomson Reuters, 2015. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0314293930