When companies need to seek financing while filing for bankruptcy, the legal issues involved can get tricky. Private equity funds are supplanting banks as sources for money, bankruptcy cases and funding negotiations are moving more quickly, and restrictive covenants are showing up more and more often in agreements. In order to help their clients, lawyers must understand these new trends, as well as the general state of bankruptcy law and financing arrangements. Strategies for Debtor-in-Possession and Exit Financing provides guidance on matters from the loan to own strategy through the effect of the credit market and the ongoing economic recovery on bankruptcy filings and funding. Inside this book, you'll find tips on evaluating financing needs, seeking non-conventional funding options, and understanding industry-specific conditions. The expert authors also tackle recent case law and legislation, including the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act and other aspects of the Bankruptcy Code. Both lawyers who specialize in bankruptcy and those whose regular clients find themselves in a debtor-in-possession case will benefit from the insights presented here.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Jeffrey N. Rothleder, Partner, Arent Fox LLP "DIP and Exit Financing Challenges and Issues in Today s Private Equity Fund Environment"
2. Janet M. Nesse, Principal, McNamee Hosea Jernigan Kim Greenan & Lynch PA "Good News for Large Reorganizations, But Not Necessarily for the Smaller, Less Sophisticated Debtor"
3. Randye B. Soref, Shareholder, Polsinelli LLP "New Trends and Developments in the DIP/Exit Financing Arena"
4. Erika L. Morabito, Vice Chair, Litigation Department, and Brittany J. Nelson, Senior Counsel, Foley & Lardner LLP "Traps and Trends of DIP Financing"
5. Michael J. Riela, Shareholder, Vedder Price PC "Mechanics for Obtaining Debtor-in-Possession and Exit Financing, and the Growing Loan-to-Own Trend"
Appendix A: DIP Order Entered in Karmaloop, Inc.
Appendix B: DIP Order Entered in James River
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson Reuters, 2015. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Bookseller Inventory # 0314293957n