This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Investigating sexually-based offenses and arresting their perpetrators has always been an important and sensitive area of law enforcement. Now, as new laws and court rulings expand the definition of "sexual assault," and as technology provides both new methods of investigation and new venues for crime, police officers handing sex crimes must keep up-to-date on the nuances of a highly complex and challenging area of the law. Strategies for Investigating Sex Crimes presents the perspectives and advice of several top law enforcement officers with substantial experience handling sex crime cases. These authors discuss recent developments, such as Internet-based crimes and campus assault, as well as issues such as interviewing victims, locating and apprehending suspects, and handling community and media attention. Sex crimes are a too-frequent reality of the modern world, and this book will help law enforcement officers effectively and sensitively proceed with their investigations.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Victoria A. Bellah, Persons Crime Detective, Longmont, Colorado Police Department - "Investigating Sex Crimes: Recent Developments"
2. James C. Shepard, Captain of Police, Milwaukee Police Department - "New Laws Impacting Sex Crime Investigations"
3. Jami Brown, Investigator, Muncie Police Department - "Successfully Investigating Sex Crime Cases: A Female Detective's Perspective"
4. Elizabeth M. Donegan, Sergeant, Austin Police Department - "Key Tactics for Sex Crime Investigators"
5. Ronald Sluss, Detective, Atlanta Police Department - "Key Investigative Approaches in Sex Crimes Cases: What Detectives Need to Know"
Appendix: 20 U.S.C.A. § 1092(F)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want