This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The rules and regulations surrounding patent infringement cases have become stricter than ever before. Patent holders not only have an increase in competition to contend with, they are also more likely to file suits. Given this substantial volume of cases, it is your job to determine which of those presented to you have merit, and how you will then represent your client, be they a defendant or plaintiff. Additionally, it s your job to help your clients to navigate the trends in litigation, and comply with those changes as they apply to future cases. Recent Trends in Patent Infringement Lawsuits can give you the insights you'll need to adapt to evolving standards. This book includes best practices for understanding the changes in the patent landscape, including IPRs and notable Supreme Court decisions in cases such as Alice Corp., Octane Fitness, and Highmark. This book can offer you key tips for considering damages when taking on cases, developing a litigation strategy, and determining the impact of venue on trial outcome. Featuring experienced partners from across the nation, this book provides you with insights on negotiating e-discovery plans at the outset of litigation, narrowing down arguments in a case, and explaining technology to a jury. Inside, you will find advice on evaluating subject-matter eligibility in a post-Alice environment, addressing post-grant and inter-partes review limitations, and overcoming discovery concerns in a suit. This book can give you information about ongoing developments in the field, and will allow you to better help your clients.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Dr. Joan Ellis and John S. Artz, Members, Dickinson Wright PLLC-"The Changing Litigation Landscape from IPRs to Landmark Supreme Court Decisions"
2. Jeffrey K. Sherwood and Charles J. Monterio Jr., Partners, Blank Rome LLP -"Selected Practical Aspects of Patent Litigation"
3. Terry M. Sanks, Founding Member, Beusse Wolter Sanks & Maire PLLC -"Recent Trends in Patent Infringement Litigation have had a Profound Effect on Strategy"
4. Jacob Koering, Shareholder, Miller Canfield Paddock & Stone PLC-"The Rise of the Patent-Eligibility Defense: The Absurd Abstraction of Alice"
5. Timothy C. Davis, Partner, Heninger Garrison Davis LLC -"Legislative and Judicial Changes Pose New Challenges for Patent Holders and Their Counsel"
Appendix A: July 2015 Update Appendix 3: Subject Matter Eligibility Court Decisions
Appendix B: Patent Rules
Appendix C: Sample Case Management Report in Patent Cases Used by Judge Roy B. Dalton, Jr.
Appendix D: Patent Local Rules
Appendix E: 2014 Interim Eligibility Guidance Quick Reference Sheet
Appendix F: July 2015 Update: Interim Eligibility Guidance
Appendix G: July 2015 Update Appendix 2: Index of Eligibility Examples
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson Reuters. Condition: New. Paperback. Worldwide shipping. FREE fast shipping inside USA (express 2-3 day delivery also available). Tracking service included. Ships from United States of America. Seller Inventory # 0314294961