National security concerns have arisen in surprising places, and today's national security climate involves a unique and dangerous situation for not only the federal government, but private entities as well. Protecting the Homeland: Balancing National Security and Individual Privacy Interests provides in-depth analysis of the serious national security threats that jeopardize our nation's future, the volatile intersection of political crime and national security, and a discussion of the Government's role in cyber threat "vulnerability mitigation" i.e., strengthening our cyber defenses to reduce the nation's vulnerability to cyber attack and cyber espionage.
The CIA, FBI, NSA, and DHS, among others, have long served the nation as commonly known components of the national security apparatus. These authors discuss these components, as well as the broader Intelligence Community that leverage numerous threat assessment and deterrence tools in the defense of national security while also seeking to maintain the delicate balance between protecting our nation's security interests with an individual's and a society's constitutional rights and liberties.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Richard G. Erickson, Snell & Wilmer LLP - "Synchronizing National Security Law and Strategic Interests of the United States"
2. Erich C. Ferrari, Ferrari & Associates PC - "Shooting in the Dark, Blindfolded, with No Bullets: The OFAC SDN Reconsideration Process"
3. Joseph E. Fluet III, Momentum Aerospace Group "Freedom v. Order: Balancing the Need for National Security with Liberty and Privacy Concerns in an Age of New Information Gathering Technology"
4. Greg T. Rinckey, Tully Rinckey PLLC "Guidelines and Strategies for Obtaining and Protecting Your Security Clearance"
5. Adam M. Golodner, Kaye Scholer LLP "Global Law and Policy: Navigating Cyberspace"
6. Javad Khazaeli, Khazaeli Wyrsch Stock LLC "The Immigration and Nationality Act's Role in National Security Prosecutions"
7. Dennis J. Sysko, Henault & Sysko, Chartered "Trends in National Security Clearances Continuous Evaluation, Use of Social Media/Public Databases, and Insider Threats"
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want