This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Strategies for Optimizing Vendor Relations is an authoritative, insider's perspective on successfully navigating vendor relationships. Featuring CTOs and CIOs representing some of the top companies in the nation, this book provides best practices for managing vendors, assigning responsibility, and tracking progress. Beginning by determining the role of vendors and establishing contracts with present vendor-partners, these authors explain the keys to making and maintaining positive relationships. In today's cost-conscious economy, these authors outline how to find a balance between outsourcing and in-housing, in addition to perfecting negotiating and bidding practices to find the best price. This book provides valuable insight for those looking to improve vendor protocol by diligently researching potential vendors, addressing quality and timeline issues, and proactively predicting problems before they arise. Highlighting the importance of getting a leg up on the competition in this increasingly cutthroat marketplace, these authors also discuss how to keep abreast of technology trends, plan for upcoming changes in outsourcing, and utilize vendor expertise. The different niches presented and the breadth of perspectives represented enable readers to get inside some of the leading technology minds of today, as these insiders offer up their thoughts around the keys to advancing IT to the next level of vendor execution.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Robert H. Owen, Vice President, Global Information Services, Microchip Technology Inc.
2. William E. Howell, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Accellent
3. Jordan Kaufman, Chief Information Officer, The Princeton Review
4. Matthew Bortniker, Vice President, Information Technology, John Q. Hammons Hotels
5. Richard Guetzloff, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Vertis Communications
6. Eric Dirst, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, DeVry Inc.
7. Rachel Alvarado, Director, Information Services, Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company
8. Ed Brandman, Chief Information Officer, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Company
9. Jonathan W. Rider, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Gilbane Building Company
10. Kurt Vandenberg, Chief Technology Officer and Chief Information Officer, Financial Security Assurance
11. Maribel Picó Piereschi, Chief Information Officer, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority
12. Deedrai Slater, Vice President, Information Systems and Chief Information Officer, Wolverine World Wide
3. James Tierney, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, ULLICO 14. Albert A. Sinisi Jr., Vice President and Chief Information Officer, St. Luke's Hospital and Health Network
15. Rick Moore, Chief Information Officer, TriHealth Inc.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thomson West, 2009. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0314911839