This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Achieving Success as a CTO is an authoritative, insider s perspective on the personal and professional qualities and characteristics imperative to CTO success, as well as the key strategies and tactics technology executives employ to put those qualities to use. Featuring chief technology officers representing some of the top companies in the nation, this book provides best practices for CTOs who are looking to bring their leadership skills to the next level. From motivating the team to capitalizing on individual employee strengths to creating a positive and productive environment in which to work, these authors explain what it takes to manage the technology team for optimum IT success. This book provides valuable insight for those needing to learn how to focus on high-level business goals while not getting distracted by the minutia of technology, including tips for securing funding for projects by achieving executive buy-in. The different niches presented and the breadth of perspectives represented enable readers to get inside some of the leading technology minds of today, as these insiders offer up their thoughts around the keys to coming out on top as a CTO.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world s most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Zahid Afzal, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, The Huntington National Bank - "Executing a Vision for IT"
2. Robert Kunimura, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Calamos Investments - "Balancing the Seam Between Business and Technology"
3. Rickey Luke, Chief Technology Officer, Knology Inc. - "Cultivating a Strategic IT Plan"
4. Steve Hart, Co-Founder and Chief Technical Officer, ViaSat Inc. - "The Role of a CTO in a Technology Company"
5. Ben Brown, Chief Technology Officer, Liquidity Services Inc. - "Managing IT and More"
6. Cameron Ferroni, Chief Technology Officer, Marchex - "Leadership at the Helm of IT"
7. Steve Eydelman, Chief Technology Officer, TechTeam Global Inc. - "Employing Technical Solutions"
8. Dr. Paul Q. Judge, Chief Technology Officer, Secure Computing - "Taking a Broad View of Technology"
9. Dan Hoogterp, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Bankrate Inc. - "Steering IT to Success"
10. Mark D. Foster, Chief Technology Officer, NeuStar Inc. - "Dealing with Technology Changes to Drive Growth"
11. Pervinder Johar, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Manhattan Associates Inc. - "The CTO s Mandate: Create a Compelling Technology Vision, Execute Diligently, and Adapt Relentlessly"
12. Lionel C. Carrasco, Senior Vice President, Business Development and Chief Technology Officer, Neoris - "Conceiving the CTO Function as the Practical Visionary Role"
13. Thomas Birmingham, Vice President, Information Systems and Chief Technology Officer, The Container Store - "Creating an Innovation- Driven Culture"
14. Markus Rex, Chief Technology Officer, Linux & Open Platform Solutions, Novell Inc. - "Perfecting the Three Languages of CTO"
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2007. Paperback. Condition: Good. Connecting readers with great books since 1972. Used books may not include companion materials, some shelf wear, may contain highlighting/notes, may not include cdrom or access codes. Customer service is our top priority!. Seller Inventory # S_252417220
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2007. Condition: Good. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact. Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. Seller Inventory # 0314979751-2-4
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2007. Paperback. Condition: Used: Good. Seller Inventory # SONG0314979751