The Art and Science of Neurology is an authoritative, insider's perspective on the various challenges in this field of medicine and the key qualities necessary to become a successful practitioner. Featuring some of the nation's leading neurologists, this book provides a candid look at the field of neurology academic, surgical, and clinical and a glimpse into the future of a dynamic practice that requires excellent interpersonal skills and meticulous observation abilities. As they reveal the secrets to staying on top of new medical breakthroughs, these authorities offer practical and adaptable strategies for excellence. From the importance of soliciting a thorough medical history to the challenges of treating diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, these doctors articulate the finer points of a profession focused on seeking cures to some of the most debilitating disorders of the central nervous system. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great innovative minds of today, as experts offer up their thoughts around the keys to mastering this fine craft in which one must understand the complex computer that is the human brain.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. John F. Rothrock, M.D., Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham - "Neurology: The Art of Selective Observation"
2. Harold P. Adams Jr., M.D., Professor of Neurology, Division of Cerebrovascular Diseases, Department of Neurology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine - "On Being a Neurologist"
3. David D. Van Slooten, M.D., President, David D. Van Slooten, M.D. PA - "The Practice of Clinical Neurology"
4. Joseph E. Safdieh, M.D., Assistant Professor of Neurology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University - "Neurology: In with the Old, In with the New"
5. Jeffrey I. Frank, M.D., Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery; Director of Neurosciences Critical Care and Stroke, University of Chicago - "Continuously Blending Science and Art"
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want