Widely cited in appellate and state supreme courts, this best-selling handbook offers clause-by-clause analysis of the standard title insurance policy (based on the American Land Title Association Model Policies), with detailed discussion of all significant new and leading cases as issues arise. Turn confidently to Burke's Law of Title Insurance for expert analysis of such critical issues as:
* Exceptions and exclusions
* Claim procedures
* Measure of damages
* State and federal regulation of insurers
* The ALTA short-form policies
* The authority of escrow agencies
* Unfair claims settlement acts
* Insurer's duty to defend
* Mortgage lender self-insurance
* Drug forfeiture of property and the innocent owner defense
* Title insurance sales by national banks
* Insurer's duty to search for information that would affect the insured's decision to proceed with a purchase
The book features an appendix of easy-to-adapt forms, as well as a handy comparison of owner's and lender's policies with corresponding provisions printed on facing pages.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Little Brown & Co (T), 1986. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0316117021
Book Description Little Brown & Co (T), 1986. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 316117021