This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Updated teacher's edition of the best-selling book on Apple iLife--the ultimate interactive classroom learning guide to iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, GarageBand, and iWeb!
Music, movies, and photos come together before your eyes. Just imagine the creative possibilities in store for you and your students. The special edition of Jim Heid's best-selling interactive guide to Apple iLife '06 includes practical information especially for K-12 teachers. Digital media guru Heid shows how digital media can be an integral part of the classroom routine, enhancing the learning experience in many subject areas. Everything you need to master the iLife applications is at your fingertips. Lesson plans and a teacher supplement at the end of the book provide sample projects and show you how other teachers have been using iLife in the classroom. Inside, you'll find clear, accessible instructions for:
· Professional shooting techniques for digital cameras and camcorders
· Editing video with iMovie HD
· Creating spectacular, informative slide shows with iPhoto and iDVD
· Recording and arranging original music with GarageBand
· Producing a documentary video using photos and home movies
· Making a soundtrack using music from old records and tapes
· Using iMovie HD to turn a simple math lesson into a fun photo album
· Interviewing family and community members for oral histories
· Implementing and adapting award-winning projects from other teachers using iLife
· Sharing photos, movies, blogs, and podcasts on the Web using .Mac
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Jim Heid is one of the most highly regarded computer authors and trainers in the United States. A columnist for Macworld magazine since 1985, he has also been the personal technology columnist for the Los Angeles Times, a frequent contributor to PC World, Internet World, and Newsweek magazines. He is the author of several best-selling books, including The Macintosh iLife '05 (Peachpit, 04/05). Jim is editorial director and a partner in Avondale Media, producers of DVD-based instruction and conferences.
Ted Lai is a veteran educator and technology consultant. He is currently a teacher on special assignment at the Los Angeles County Office of Education. Honored as an Apple Distinguished Educator and an M-Audio M-Powered Educator, Ted speaks at local and national conferences about educational uses of podcasting, iPods, GarageBand, and the rest of the iLife suite. A self-described “presentaholic,” Ted is also the founder of PodPiper Productions and advises the TechSavvyGirlz, a group of five girls who explore how technology enhances learning.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Peachpit Press, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0321426851