This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
As the leading pathophysiology textbook for over a decade, this outstanding resource boasts comprehensive coverage, complete and separate treatment of pediatric pathophysiology, a clear writing style, and numerous full-color illustrations. The new 4th edition features extensively revised and updated content, more illustrations, and a greatly enhanced full-color design.
· Comprehensive coverage provides unparalleled discussion of general pathophysiology and specific disease processes
· Consistent presentation of each disease includes pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment
· Full-color art and design vividly illustrates the clinical manifestations of disease and disease processes and makes the content more visually appealing to the student
· Pediatric content is presented in 10 separate chapters to provide unequaled coverage of how disease processes specifically affect children
· Aging content is identified with special heads within the adult chapters. All aging content is listed with page numbers on the end sheets
· Nutrition and Disease boxes show evidenced-based links between dietary patterns and disease.
· 'What's New?' boxes highlight the most current research and finding
· Algorithms are used throughout the text to illustrate normal and compensatory physiology and pathophysiology
· Detailed chapter outlines with page numbers begin each chapter to provide easy access to content and overview of topics
· Chapter introductions provide a to the student and a rationale for learning the content about to be presented
· Key terms are boldface in text and listed with page numbers at the end of each chapter for easy reference and chapter review
· Chapter summary reviews, in the form of numbered lists, provide concise synopses of each chapter and serve as a built-in content review
· Approximately 300 new full-colour drawings and photographs illustrate normal anatomy and physiology, disease processes, and clinical manifestations of disease
· Extensive revision of chapter 29 on alterations of cardiovascular function features new content on atherosclerosis, minerals and hypertension, and hormones and heart disease
· An Introduction to Pathophysiologyincluded in the front matter provides an overview to the subject of pathophysiology and explains why it is important
· Unintentional and Intentional Injuries section added to chapter 2 explains how injuries alter cellular and tissue biology
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Kathryn L. McCance, University of Utah, College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, UT; and Sue E. Huether, PhD, RN, University of Utah, College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, UT
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Mosby, 2001. Hardcover. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0323014380
Book Description Mosby, 2001. Hardcover. Condition: New. 4. Seller Inventory # DADAX0323014380
Book Description Mosby, 2001. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110323014380