Revised and updated, this new 6th edition is the all-in-one source for practical, reliable information on nursing care during the childbearing years. Designed to meet the needs of today's students, it addresses the fundamentals of maternity nursing with a clear, more readable writing style and a concise, more focused content presentation. Integrating the importance of understanding family, culture, and health promotion into the continuum of care, it also includes a strategic integration of community-based care to emphasize that care can take place wherever the woman may be.
· Care management emphasized throughout.
· Women's health content is up front to provide a thorough understanding of health promotion and prevention, common health concerns and care of women throughout childbearing years.
· Home Care content is integrated in all normal and high risk nursing care chapters.
· Family content is first introduced in Chapter 2 and then incorporated in the pregnancy, labor & birth, postpartum, and newborn chapters to emphasize the importance of including the family in the continuum of care.
· Culture content introduced in Chapter 2 and then integrated throughout.
· Health promotion and prevention integrated to maintain a focus on wellness as an integral part of today's maternity nursing care.
· Patient Instructions for Self-Care boxes integrated throughout provides special instructions for follow-up care.
· Care of the childbearing adolescent integrated throughout providing important age related considerations.
· Nurse Alert boxes highlight
· English/Spanish Guidelines boxes provide the student with a handy reference for communicating with and teaching patients & families.
· Emergency Boxes alert the student to signs & symptoms of important situations.
· Free Companion CD with interactive case studies, matching and fill-in-the-blank questions, review questions, and a vocabulary review with sound pronunciations.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The fundamentals of maternity nursingAbout the Author:
Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, RNC, PhD, FAAN, Clinical Professor, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC; and Shannon E Perry, PhD, RN, CNS, FAAN, San Jose, CA
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Mosby, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 6th. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX032301643X
Book Description Mosby, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M032301643X
Book Description Mosby. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 753