Nursing Interventions and Clinical Skills, 3e
Nursing Interventions & Clinical Skills provides complete coverage of basic, intermediate, and advanced skills in a streamlined, visually-oriented format. This text features a unique, user-friendly, full-color presentation, with more than a thousand photos and drawings. The nursing process framework and clear, 2-column format with rationales help put nursing skills into the context of care delivery. Skills are clustered, with similar skills covered together, to reflect the way they are commonly taught.
- Includes basic, intermediate, and advanced skills.
- Standard beginning and completion protocols for each skill are summarized on inside front cover for easy reference so that routine steps need not be constantly repeated.
- Skills are clustered, with similar skills covered together, to reflect the way they are commonly taught.
- Easy-to-follow 2-column format for skills includes rationales for key steps to help students understand why specific techniques are used.
- Nurse-Alerts highlight safety issues or critical steps in the skills
- Glove logo provides a visual reminder to apply clean gloves.
- Delegation Considerations guide nurses when assigning a skill to unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Special considerations include age-related, home-care, and long term care.
- Communication Tips provide guidelines for students on how to prepare, support, and instruct clients.
- Over a thousand full-color photographs and drawings clearly show how steps are performed.
- Six new skills include Wound Vac, Verifying Tube Placement for a Large-Bore or Small-Bore Feeding Tube, Removal of an Indwelling Catheter, Urinary Diversions, Adapting the Home Setting for Clients with Cognitive Deficits, and Medication and Medication Device Safety.
- New chapter on Palliative Care (Chapter 39) covers Care of the Dying Client.
- Includes new 2002 CDC Hand Hygiene guidelines.
- Documentation samples focus on how to document unexpected responses.
- Expanded Home Care and Long Term Care considerations.
- Client teaching is expanded throughout and incorporated into Communication Tips.
- Visually highlights sterile gloving step to emphasize the importance of this essential action.
- Includes new content on brushless surgical scrubbing and antimicrobial agent handwashing.
- New unit on Wound Care (Unit 6) groups wound care, pressure ulcers, dressings and therapeutic use of heat and cold.
- Surgical Wounds and Pressure Ulcers addressed in separate chapters.
- All illustrations include complete legends for quick identification.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.