Mosby's Electronic Care Plan Constructor CD-ROM, 1e
Providing more than 90 standard plans of care for the most commonly occurring medical-surgical conditions in adults, this interactive CD-ROM helps users eliminate the time spent mechanically constructing plans of care. Ideal for both students and clinicians, this CD-ROM reflects the most current practice and professional standards in nursing, yet its level and format are extremely accessible. Users are offered three points of entry to begin constructing an individualized plan of client care ― including the program's Client Database/Assessment Form, the Admitting Medical Diagnosis list, and the NANDA Nursing Diagnosis list. Each point of entry allows users to make selections, input and edit information specific to their client, and customize their care plans. Each care plan also includes expected outcomes, nursing interventions, rationales for the most common nursing diagnoses, and client goals.
- Each care plan is organized by body system and includes related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, nursing interventions, rationales, and client goals.
- Easy-to-use assessment sections ― formatted with yes/no answer checks ― display normal finding for each body system.
- Normal values for each assessment form are listed for adults ages 18-64 and for those 65 and over.
- Expert Questions for abnormal findings reinforce user understanding of assessment data.
- Assessment tools are incorporated, including the "Braden Scale" for skin assessment, "Glasgow Coma Scale" for neurological assessment, "SAD PERSONS Scale" for psychosocial assessment, and the "Fall Risk Assessment" for age-related safety assessment.
- Abnormal Findings are matched against the defining characteristics of the nursing diagnoses for agreements. When abnormal findings are paired with defining characteristics, the program will produce an Expert Question, verifying that the user is on the right course.
- A list of all possible nursing diagnoses based on the abnormal findings in the database is generated after the user has completed the Assessment Form. From here, the user must exercise critical thinking in order to select the most appropriate diagnoses among several possible options.
- The user can add client-specific information to each nursing diagnosis, so that each care plan is customized to an individual client.
- Each nursing diagnosis is linked to the client database.
- Each NIC intervention is denoted by a special icon for easy identification.
- All assessment forms and care plans can be printed out and/or saved by the user.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Elaine Kennedy, MS, EdD, RN, Professor Wor-Wic Community College, Salisbury, MD
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.