Textbook of Diagnostic Ultrasonography: 2-Volume Set, 6e
Now with hundreds of new images, this core text focuses on the two main divisions within sonography: general/abdominal and obstetric/gynecologic. It also provides coverage of vascular ultrasound and an introduction to echocardiography. While the abdominal and vascular sections are organized by body systems, OB/GYN uses a chronologic approach to development during pregnancy and an anatomic approach to gynecologic pathology. Each chapter covers patient history; normal anatomy, including cross-sectional anatomy; ultrasound techniques; pathology; and related laboratory findings.
- Ultrasound Tips offer practical, easy-to-find information on scanning techniques.
- Full-color presentation includes line art, design, and color scans, enhancing the visual appeal and teaching value of the text.
- Pathology tables present clinical findings, lab findings, sonography findings, and differential considerations.
- Key Terms and Definitions at beginning of each chapter highlight the most important information.
- Chapter Objectives and Review Questions open each chapter, and short-answer and essay questions are provided at the end.
- New chapters cover the following: · Introduction to Physical Findings includes assessment, lab values, and disease principles as they relate to sonography · Contrast Applications in the Abdomen · Invasive/Intraoperative Procedures in the Abdomen · Emergent Ultrasound Procedures · Musculoskeletal System · Neonatal Hips · Neonatal Spine · Sonographic Evaluation for Infertility · Sonographic 3D/4D Evaluation of Fetal Anomalies
- Basic and Professional Competencies in Sonography and Standards of Practice
- Portal Hypertension
- HIPAA coverage provides information on how these new regulations affect the clinical environment.
- Ergonomics coverage emphasizes proper scanning technique, helping to avoid injuries from poor ergonomics and repetitive motion.
- Updated sonograms include hundreds of new images from state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Organized by body system each chapter offers coverage of patient history, normal anatomy, cross-sectional anatomy and more
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.