Foundations of Education: An EMS Approach, 1e
Designed to meet the 2002 National Guidelines for Educating EMS Instructors, this reference is the official study guide for the EMSECS examination and provides everything you need to know to be a successful educator. Topics addressed include adult learning principles, student evaluation methods, teaching cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains, teaching strategies for individuals and small and large groups, and more.
- Offers evidence-based and well-referenced information backed by expert studies in education and adult learning theory.
- Contains the foundation of everything an educator needs to know to be successful - including information from basic teaching and learning principles, to remediation and discipline and handling legal issues, to administrative issues.
- Includes a CD in the back of the book containing a copy of the 2002 Guidelines for Educating EMS Instructors for easy reference.
- Each chapter features Case in Point boxes showing students how key principles can be applied to real-world situations.
- Key Tip boxes in every chapter offer concrete, time-tested advice on how to best perform specific tasks in the classroom.
- The Delivering the Message section will give an introduction to teaching strategies and tools for teaching individuals, small, and large groups. Plus, it features entire chapters devoted to distance learning, as well as field and clinical learning.
- A detailed, Evaluation Section features four chapters covering the principles of student evaluation, written evaluation tools, other methods of evaluation, and remediation.
- The Foundations section addresses important concepts such as the learning environment, domains of learning, lesson plans, and more.
- A Student Section covers the key areas of diversity in the classroom, adult learning principles, and learning styles.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Learn how to teach EMS more effectively
About the Author
National Association of Emergency Medical Services Educators
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.