Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2005 Text & CD-ROM Package
Divided into five distinct sections dealing with over 1000 topics, this book offers:
- Basic information on over 600 disorders organized into easy-to-use lists
- ICD-9CM codes
- Clinical Pearls
- Illustrations, tables, and boxes highlighting important considerations
- Almost 500 Signs and Symptoms
- 200 clinical algorithms assist in diagnosis and expediting patient workup and therapy
- Two additional sections offer over 200 laboratory tests with interpretation of results, as well as extensive information on clinical preventive services and patient care guidelines from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
- Appendices on herbal products and alternative medicine are also included.
- CD-ROM includes: entire text, Patient Teaching Guides (20 new) in English and Spanish, and hyperlinks to detailed drug information!
The Power of Five Books in One!
- New topics for 2005 include: Galactorrhea, Hot Flashes, Premenstrual dysphoric syndrome, Tinea pedis, and SARS
- Section I - Diseases and Disorders - provides you with at-a-glance guidance on 615 common medical conditions, presented alphabetically for ease of reference.
- Section II - Differential Diagnosis, Etiology, and Classification of Common Signs and Symptoms: displays nearly every possible cause for 472 different signs and symptoms.
- Section III -Clinical Algorithms: guides you through decision-making for 179 presenting complaints. 20 NEW ALGORITHMS FOR 2005!
- Section IV - Laboratory Tests and Interpretation of Results: assists you in the interpretation of 183 different laboratory tests.
- Section V - Clinical Preventive Services: Helps you to perform timely screenings and advise patients on decreasing their risks of experiencing various health problems.
- Appendix Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Fred Ferri, MD, FACP, Clinical Associate Professor, Brown University School of Medicine; Chief, Division of Internal Medicine, St. Joseph's Health Services and Fatima Hospital, Providence, RI
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.