Gerontologic Nursing, 3e (Gerontologic Nursing - Meiner (formerly Lueckenotte))
This outstanding text provides comprehensive coverage of health promotion and basic and complex gerontologic concepts and issues, as well as the most common medical-surgical problems associated with the older adult. It follows a logical body systems organization and provides streamlined, "need to know" coverage of essential wellness and disorders information.
- Detailed discussions of fundamental aging theories provide a basis for biological and psychosocial aspects of quality nursing care.
- Comprehensive assessment guidelines identify what are normal, deviations from normal, and abnormal findings for older adults.
- Detailed coverage of pain, infection, cancer, chronic illness, loss, death and dying, and substance abuse clearly explains these complex aspects of aging and their related nursing care.
- A separate chapter on Cultural Influences, as well as integrated Cultural Awareness boxes, focus on important cultural issues to consider when caring for aging patients.
- Streamlined content provides essential "need to know" information for promoting wellness and treating common conditions in older adults.
- A new chapter on Loss and End-Of-Life Issues focuses on key considerations in caring for the dying client and their family.
- Research boxes throughout emphasize the importance of applying research to practice.
- Nutritional Considerations boxes emphasize the importance of proper nutrition in care management.
- Greater integration of health promotion and disease prevention throughout with the addition of Health Promotion boxes.
- Includes the management of conditions affecting multiple body systems where appropriate.
- Updated Nursing Care Plans link NANDA nursing diagnoses, NIC priority interventions for specific conditions, and NOC suggested outcomes to guide in providing appropriate care.
- Includes natural, alternative, and complementary therapies within care management discussions.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Discover how to provide quality nursing care for aging adults
About the Author
Sue E. Meiner, EdD, RN, CS, GNP; and Annette Lueckenotte, RN, MS, GNP, Prepared by: Carol J. Green
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.