Introduction to Radiologic Technology, 6e (Gurley, Introduction to Radiologic Technology)
An excellent orientation to the field of radiologic technology, this book has launched the careers of generations of successful radiographers. It covers basic learning skills and provides a historical overview of medicine and radiology. With this text, readers will have not only a solid introduction to the coursework that will follow in their radiography program, but they will also know what to expect from a career in the imaging sciences, what will be required in the practice environment, and what their options will be for advancement.
- Critical Thinking Skills chapter provides an excellent introduction to what critical thinking is and why it is important to RTs, through developing a useful definition of critical thinking, examining common mindsets that can hinder sound reasoning, and presenting four important steps for readers to take on their way to becoming critical thinkers.
- Thorough introduction to the field of radiologic technology covers topics in just the right amount of detail to give an informative overview of subjects that will be covered in depth in future courses.
- Comprehensive information about the profession of radiologic technology includes customer service, ethics and professionalism, and how to join professional organizations and keep up with continuing education requirements after graduation.
- Reader-friendly style leads from one topic to the next in a logical progression, with relevant discussions, and without assuming prior knowledge of the subject matter.
- Review questions are located at the end of each chapter with answers in the Appendix.
- Content updates and additions include the following:
- Registry exam changes
- Imaging equipment advances, especially digital
- Medical-legal content expansion with HIPAA and other privacy concerns
- Implications of aging populations and challenges of caring for the elderly
- A new chapter on cultural diversity, a topic now mandated in the ASRT Core Curriculum
- Expanded Instructor's Resource Manual includes back-of-book CD with all print content, an expanded test bank with approximately 10 multiple-choice questions per chapter, and an electronic image collection of images from the book.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
What beginning radiography students need to know!
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.