Comprehensive Radiographic Pathology, 4e
This complete foundational text and reference covers the core curriculum for radiography students with vivid illustrations and thoroughly updated content. In the 4th edition of this highly-respected text, content is updated and modified to convey the pathology knowledge radiographers need at the appropriate comprehension level for better understanding. The book covers all of the essential information radiography students need, including disease processes, their radiographic appearance, and their treatment.
- Radiographers Notes in every chapter provide helpful suggestions for producing optimal radiographs for each organ system and teach students to deal effectively with varying patient needs.
- Thorough coverage of alternative imaging modalities encourages readers to think about other imaging modalities that may be needed to ensure proper diagnosis.
- Summary of diseases, their locations, their radiographic appearance, and treatment tables provide a review tool for students and a quick reference guide for practitioners.
- Treatment sections provide useful background on certain treatment and prognosis information for a more thorough understanding of pathology.
- Organized by body systems, information is easily located and convenient for studying one area at a time in a logical sequence.
- Written for radiographers, the text provides the most up-to-date, logically organized presentation of radiographic pathology available.
- Enhanced imaging appearances include multiple modalities such as SPECT, PET, CT, MR, ultrasound, and fusion.
- Now covers the pathology of hepatitis variations, SARS, anthrax, and Marfan's syndrome for more comprehensive information.
- An expanded discussion of how CT and MR are used to diagnose pathological processes helps students understand the benefits of using these scans.
- New and updated radiograph images of the newly added pathologies.
- More images for alternative modalities, including nuclear, ultrasound, PET, CT, and vascular imaging.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.