This handy pocket companion presents radiographic essentials in a quick-reference format ideal for the clinical setting. Bulleted, step-by-step explanations illustrate how to position the patient for 200 of the most common radiographic projections, including mobile and neonatal procedures. Unique to this guide is coverage of digital radiography and reference radiographs with each positioning presentation.
- Each projection presentation includes a diagnostic-quality radiograph demonstrating the result the radiographer should achieve.
- User-friendly two-page spread design allows the reader to easily access information.
- Bulleted, step-by-step procedures with instructions for positioning the patient and body part help the user perform radiographic exams quickly and efficiently.
- Tabs have been added to help the user find information quickly.
- Two-color format highlights important information.
- A special Digital Radiography (DR) icon alerts the reader to follow specific instructions and make the necessary positioning adjustments when DR is used to get optimal imaging results.
- A handy exposure technique chart for every projection with manual and AEC techniques reduces the need for repeat radiographs and improves image quality.
- A section on mobile projections is a convenient resource for examining patients outside of the radiology suite.
- A helpful list of abbreviations and definitions, plus a diagram and chart of external landmarks inside the covers provides a convenient reference for frequently used information.
- Now includes kVp settings for each projection to help the radiographer set the kVp as appropriate procedure is done.
- Special Compensating Filter icon alerts the reader when using a compensating filter is likely to improve overall image quality.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.