Structure & Function of the Body - Hardcover (Structure and Function of the Body)
Simple and straightforward, this introductory text provides a clear approach to learning the difficult concepts of anatomy and physiology. It focuses on two unifying themes ― the normal structure and function of the human body, and what the body does to maintain homeostasis. Building on the solid foundation of previous editions, this book adds a visual emphasis with realistic animations on a companion CD-ROM and A Clear View of the Human Body, a full-color, semi-transparent insert that shows the body in layers.
- A clear, straightforward approach focuses each chapter on the two core themes ― the normal structure and function of the human body, and what the body does to maintain homeostasis.
- Over 350 full-color illustrations, micrographs, and dissection photos depict and reinforce information.
- Chapter tests, review questions, and critical thinking questions let you evaluate your mastery of each chapter's content.
- Boxes and tables make learning easier and show applications to real life, including Health and Well Being, Clinical Applications, and Research, Issues, and Trends.
- Science Applications boxes highlight the contributions made by trailblazing scientists.
- A Common Medical Abbreviations, Prefixes, and Suffixes appendix provides a quick reference and review of commonly used terms.
- A comprehensive glossary provides full definitions of terms, and new words are bolded within the text and listed at the end of each chapter.
- Objectives clearly detail what should be learned in each chapter.
- An Outline Summary ends each chapter to recap important content.
- Quick Check boxes let you assess your comprehension at the end of each passage.
- Body Spectrum Electronic Coloring Book is included on the companion CD, with 80 detailed anatomy illustrations that may be colored electronically or printed out to color and study.
- A richly detailed illustrated insert, A Clear View of the Human Body, allows you to peel back the layers of the body and perform a virtual dissection.
- AnimationDirect helps you visualize difficult concepts and processes by referring to state-of-the-art animations in the companion CD-ROM.
- Study Tips are thoroughly revised and now open each chapter, with specific tips and hints on how to most effectively study and synthesize concepts.
- Online Tutoring is available on the Evolve® website for students using the college edition.
- Anatomy & Physiology Online complements Structure & Function of the Body and brings the textbook to life with a series of online learning modules organized by body system. Available separately.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.