Manual of Pulmonary Function Testing, 9e (Manual of Pulmonary Function Testing (Ruppel))
The perfect text, on-the-job reference and certification exam review, MANUAL OF PULMONARY FUNCTION TESTING, 9th Edition includes a wealth of information on pulmonary function tests, techniques, pathophysiology, equipment, computers, and quality assurance to help you get the best results every time. Detailed information on the pulmonary function tests used to determine the presence, extent, and progression of lung disease and abnormality helps you reveal conditions including asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and cystic fibrosis. This new edition includes even more opportunities to apply your knowledge with additional Case Studies and Self-Assessment Questions.
- A "how to" approach to testing explains procedures step-by-step and provides a valuable on-the-job reference.
- UNIQUE! Objectives for both Entry and Advanced Levels following the content guidelines suggested by National Board for Respiratory Care provide a useful study tool for the CPFT and RPFT examinations.
- UNIQUE! PF Tips boxes highlight content from the text to help you remember essential information.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Practice Tips provide helpful guidance for applying the concepts and procedures from each chapter.
- Updated "Case Studies" provide you with the most up-to-date scenarios to help prepare you for clinical situations.
- Updated "Self-Assessment Questions" for each chapter test your knowledge of the content, and answers in the appendix let you check your answers for accuracy.
- The latest guidelines from the American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society (ATS/ERS) and the American Thoracic Society/American College of Chest Physicians (ATS/ACCP), plus information on new procedures and testing equipment ensure you use the most current practice guidelines.
- UNIQUE! More real-life cases with actual tracings and authentic patient data enhance your ability to interpret pulmonary function studies.
- Chapter Outlines, Key Terms, and Key Point Summaries highlight the most important information in every chapter and help you review key information for the CPFT and RPFT examinations.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Gregg L. Ruppel, MEd, RRT, RPFT, St. Louis University Health Sciences Center, St. Louis, MO
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.