Potter's Fundamentals of Nursing Enhanced Multi-Media Edition includes the Fundamentals of Nursing, 7th Edition textbook, a FREE Clinical Companion, and a new multi-media DVD! It features cutting-edge content, active learning solutions, and up-to-date coverage of essential principles, concepts and skills to assist your studies and help prepare you for a successful career in nursing. The logically organized, easy to read text emphasizes evidence-based practice and safe patient handling. With the NEW enhanced edition of Potter & Perry, you will have the most complete, reliable, and up-to-date fundamentals package available.
- The 5-step nursing process provides a consistent framework for clinical chapters.
- UNIQUE! Critical Thinking in each clinical chapter includes Critical Thinking Models demonstrating the application of the nursing process and critical thinking.
- More than 60 skills are generously illustrated and provide clear, step-by-step instructions for practicing safe nursing care.
- Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions for skills alert you to possible problems and appropriate action.
- Procedural Guidelines boxes provide streamlined, step-by-step instructions for performing very basic skills.
- More than 20 care plans demonstrate the application of the 5-step nursing process to individual patient problems to help you understand how a plan is developed and how to evaluate care. Over 20 concept maps visually demonstrate planning care for clients with multiple nursing diagnoses.
- Planning sections include sections on Goals and Outcomes, Setting Priorities, and Collaborative Care to help you plan and prioritize comprehensive client care.
- Implementation sections include health promotion, acute care, and continuing care to prepare you for all levels of care in all settings.
- UNIQUE! Safety Alerts provide information and techniques to ensure client and nurse safety based on The Joint Commission’s list of National Patient Safety Goals.
- Cultural Aspects of Care boxes summarize cultural considerations related to the chapter topic and provide practical guidelines for how to meet clients’ cultural needs and preferences.
- Client Teaching boxes help you plan effective teaching by first identifying outcomes, then developing strategies on how to teach, and, finally, implementing measures to evaluate learning.
- Focus on Older Adults boxes highlight key aspects of nursing assessment and care for this population.
- FREE Clinical Companion pocket guide includes everything from definitions and abbreviations to dosage calculations and lab values to give you quick, convenient access to all of the information you'll need to know in your clinicals.
- NEW multi-media DVD features additional resources to help improve your nursing skills and examination scores:
- Over 55 updated skills prepare you for today's clinical practice.
- Over 45 skills video clips can be viewed from start to finish, paused, or repeated as desired.
- 50 case studies relate content to real-life client scenarios.
- 3 new comprehensive NCLEX®examination-style practice examinations allow you to self-evaluate your learning progress.
- Chapter audio summaries let you quickly review content.
- Skills Performance Checklists ensure you are well prepared for your examinations.
- Companion CD bound in the textbook includes searchable audio glossary, Spanish/English audio glossary, and Butterfield’s Fluids & Electrolytes Tutorial, and test-taking skills.
- UNIQUE! Caring for the Cancer Survivor chapter prepares you to address the unique health care needs of clients who have survived cancer, but still face the physical and emotional after-effects of the illness and its therapy.
- UNIQUE! An ESL/readability specialist has edited each chapter in the textbook to streamline the content and improve readability.
- UNIQUE! Evidence Based Practice boxes summarize the results of research studies and describe the difference the studies have made in nursing practice.
- Evidence-Based Practice chapter helps you understand how nursing research serves as the basis for determining best practice, and the critical importance of this continually evolving dynamic.
- NCLEX® examination-style review questions for each chapter include new alternate item format questions, as well as rationales for all answer choices.
- Enhanced delegation coverage notes which skills can and cannot be delegated, and indicates related tasks that should be delegated. To help you apply this information, many chapters incorporate delegation considerations into the chapter case study and address them in the critical thinking and NCLEX® exam-style review questions.
- Nursing Assessment Questions boxes help you learn to effectively phrase questions for clients.
- Expanded coverage of informatics familiarizes you with the use of information technology in documenting care and researching best practices.
- UNIQUE! Critical Thinking in Practice sections at the end of each chapter provide questions that require you to apply knowledge, often to the case study detailed in the chapter’s care plan.
- New Safe Patient Handling Guidelines are included in the Safety chapter.
- NOC outcomes, as well as NIC interventions, are incorporated in care plans to reflect the standard used by institutions nationwide.
- Key terms are conveniently placed at the beginning of each chapter and include page references where definitions can be found.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.