Promoting Legal and Ethical Awareness - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card): A Primer for Health Professionals and Patients, 1e
- Cases and Questions allow you to apply key legal and ethical principles to a rehabilitation practice situation.
- Special Key Term boxes introduce and define important vocabulary to ensure your understanding of chapter content.
- Additional resource lists in each chapter include helpful sources for articles, books, and websites to further your learning.
- Case Examples let you put new ideas and concepts into practice by applying your knowledge to the example.
- Legal Foundations and Ethical Foundations chapters introduce the basic concepts of law, legal history, the court system, and ethics in the professional setting to provide a solid base for legal and ethical knowledge.
- An entire chapter devoted to healthcare malpractice provides vital information on practice problems that have legal implications, the claim process, and claim prevention.
- An extended discussion of the Americans with Disabilities Act informs you of your rights as an employee as well as the challenges faced in the workforce by your rehabilitation patients.
- Content on employment legal issues includes essential information for both employees and employers on patient interaction and the patient’s status in the workplace.
- Coverage of end-of-life issues and their legal and ethical implications provides important information for helping patients through end-of-life decisions and care.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.