Immunology and Serology in Laboratory Medicine - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
- Author Mary Louise Turgeon, a leader in the field of clinical laboratory science, shares with you her wealth of knowledge and experience in this outstanding textbook.
- The book’s two-color design provides you with at-a-glance access to special features and vital information.
- In-depth chapter outlines prepare you for the material you will be learning in each chapter and help you see how the topics flow and connect to each other.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter allow you to set study goals and assess your progress as you move through the textbook.
- Highlights at the end of every chapter summarize the most important points you should take away from the chapter.
- Review questions help you assess and reinforce your understanding of chapter content.
- Case studies in many of the chapters allow you to see how key concepts apply to real-life scenarios.
- Hands-on procedure coverage in many chapters offer detailed descriptions of exactly what happens during every step of laboratory procedures.
- A convenient glossary of key terms in the back of the book provides quick access to definitions for new or unfamiliar words.
- In addition to completely updated content throughout, four new chapters on quality assurance and quality control, basic serologic laboratory techniques, point-of-care testing, and vaccines bring you the latest advances in the field.
- Expanded coverage of automated procedures and molecular techniques keep you up to date on technology and research.
- A new full-color insert serves as a vivid visual reference and helps you more easily master complex concepts.
- A companion Evolve website offers online access to a wealth of additional review questions, content updates, and web links.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.