Introduction to Basic Cardiac Dysrhythmias - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4e
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Using straightforward, easy-to-understand language, this essential resource helps you understand how the heart functions and how to interpret ECGs - essential knowledge that will allow you to anticipate the appropriate treatment for each. It provides an overview of the normal conduction pathway of the heart, as well as comprehensive coverage of basic cardiac dysthythmias that highlights what happens in the heart's electrical conduction system to cause the appearance of a dysrhythmia. Coverage of all topics reflects the 2005 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines. Case studies, flashcards, puzzles, and more than 325 practice strips are included to reinforce your understanding of key concepts and encourage you to apply your knowledge.
- A logical sequence of content with simple medical terms follows the normal conduction pathways of the heart from the atria to the ventricles.
- Coverage of basic anatomy, as well as components of monitoring and interpretation of rhythm strips, helps you better understand how the heart functions and how to interpret ECGs.
- Clear explanations of basic cardiac dysrhythmias provide an overview of what is happening in the heart's electrical conduction system to cause the appearance of a dysrhythmia.
- Review questions and rhythm strips at the end of Chapters 1-7 allow you to assess your understanding before moving on to more complex information.
- Each chapter offers fun and engaging crossword and word-find puzzles to help you easily learn and remember new information.
- Chapter 8 provides a comprehensive review of 40 dysrhythmias with sample strips and criteria for identification.
- 200 practice rhythm strips in Chapter 10 offer additional opportunities to sharpen your interpretation skills.
- 22 detailed case studies allow you to apply your knowledge of dysrhythmias, rhythm interpretation, symptoms, and treatment to realistic clinical situations.
- Information on current cardiac adjunct therapies familiarizes you with pacemakers, automatic implantable cardioverter defibrillators (AICD), and automated external defibrillators (AED).
- 34 medication flashcards and 32 rhythm strip flashcards provide a fun and convenient way to study.
- Chapter objectives, outlines, and definitions help you study more effectively and quickly locate specific information.
- New full-color format makes it easier to locate key information. ECGs now in full color, too!
- A new companion CD contains 180 rhythm strips for additional practice and cardiac animations to bring anatomic and physiologic concepts to life.
- New heart rate ruler is a handy tool to help you determine heart rate while learning ECG recognition.
- Coverage of all topics reflects the 2005 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines to ensure the most accurate, relevant information.
- Expanded coverage of myocardial infarction includes the latest ECG monitoring and interpretation guidelines.
- Updated abbreviations reflect The Joint Commission's recommendations to promote standardized usage of abbreviations.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.