This is a Pageburst digital textbook; As the required textbook for NAEMT's worldwide prehospital trauma life support course, Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) is the comprehensive, internationally renowned resource for learning basic and advanced prehospital trauma skills and concepts. Fully revised and updated, the 7th edition provides state-of-the-art, evidence-based trauma treatment and guidelines that are proven to reduce morbidity and mortality, and is also an ideal tool for studying EMT or paramedic skills and a helpful general reference on trauma assessment and management. The Instructor's Electronic Resource CD-ROM is available for certified PHTLS instructors only. It can be ordered through Elsevier/MosbyJems, but customers must first obtain an access code from the National PHTLS office at 1-800-94-PHTLS or 1-601-924-7744. Individuals may also call the above numbers for information on How to Become a PHTLS Instructor.
Elsevier is proud to announce Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) Online Continuing Education, the latest addition to NAEMT's worldwide PHTLS educational content. PHTLS Online Continuing Education includes videos, animations, and interactive exercises, along with reading assignments that direct you to the related content in the PHTLS 7th Edition book. Plus, online feedback is provided for self-assessment questions in each module, allowing you to measure your comprehension. A post-test at the end of the final module will check your retention of the online content.
Visit at http://phtls.centrelearn.com to earn 8 hours of CECBEMS continuing education credit by successfully completing all modules of PHTLS Online Continuing Education. Please note: NO PHTLS CARD WILL BE ISSUED.
PHTLS Hybrid courses are available only through the NAEMT. Visit the Education section of the NAEMT website www.naemt.org for more information.
This is a Pageburst digital textbook;
- Provides CEUs for First Responders, EMTS, paramedics, nurses, and physicians; proceeds from the course go to the NAEMT and are used to support the profession; helps you improve the quality of care (based on available research); can be incorporated into initial training or as a stand-alone continuing education course; promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care.
- PHTLS is a continuing education program authored and administered by the PHTLS division of the National Association of EMTs (NAEMT) in conjunction with the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons.
- Comprehensive, evidenced-based coverage incorporates the latest research across all aspects of prehospital trauma in one convenient resource.
- Heavily illustrated presentation guides you step-by-step through essential airway, thoracic, and spinal skills.
- Each chapter details important prolonged transportation guidelines.
- Includes more information on kinematics than any similar book on the market.
- A consistent approach for every body system helps you easily reference key content on anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, and assessment and management.
- Chapter Objectives and closing Summaries break down must-know information for each chapter.
- Two Environmental Trauma chapters provide response protocols for a wide variety of environmental emergencies.
- Wilderness Trauma Care chapter helps you confidently treat trauma patients in wilderness situations and includes information on extended transport times.
- Civilian Tactical EMS chapter details steps you can take to support police operations, promote crime scene awareness, and apply PHTLS concepts to civilian tactical settings.
- Burns chapter guides you through the treatment of burn trauma patients.
- More than 30 video demonstrations on the companion DVD provide step-by-step procedural guidance for key skills, including 4 brand-new skills for King Airway, Sitting Immobilization (Vest Type), Cervical Collar Sizing and Application, and Needle Cricothyrotomy.
- Extensively updated photos clarify key concepts and techniques.
- New Art and Science of Medicine chapter helps you build the critical thinking skills to determine the best way to manage trauma patients based on each individual situation and condition.
- Expanded chapter on Explosives and Other Weapons of Mass Destruction outlines essential steps for responding to accidents involving biological, nuclear, incendiary, chemical, or explosive agents.
- Updated Disaster Management chapter details the latest management techniques and protocols.
- All-new Scenarios and Scenario Solutions in each chapter challenge you to apply treatment concepts to realistic situations you may encounter in the field.
- Enhanced organization reflects the most up-to-date research and mirrors the content and presentation of the American College of Surgeons' Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) 8th Edition course.
- Updated Companion DVD includes 9 new narrations and 20 fully re-shot demonstrations and subtitles are available in eight languages (Danish, Dutch, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, and Chinese (Mandarin).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.