Occupational Therapy with Elders - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card): Strategies for the Occupational Therapy Assistant, 3e
- Unique! A focus on the occupational therapy assistant highlights the importance of COTAs to the care of elder clients.
- Case studies illustrate principles and help you apply what you've learned to actual situations.
- Key terms, chapter objectives, and review questions highlight important content in each chapter.
- Use of the term "elder" reduces the stereotypical role of dependent patients and helps to dispel myths about aging.
- A multidisciplinary approach demonstrates how the OT and the COTA can collaborate effectively.
- Unique! Attention to diverse populations and cultures prepares you to respect and care for clients of different backgrounds.
- Unique! The companion Evolve website makes review easier with more learning activities, references linked to MEDLINE abstracts, and links to related OT sites.
- Unique! A discussion of elder abuse, battered women, and literacy includes information on how the COTA can address these often-overlooked issues.
- New information on alternative treatment settings for elders reflects new trends in OT care.
- Updated information on Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations discusses the latest policies and how to incorporate the newest procedures into practice.
- Significant additions are made to the chapters on public policy, dementia, and oncology.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"Students, occupational therapists and medical and social teams in their work around the inter elderly will find in this book, effective practices and fundamental."
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.