Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6e
- Drug interactions are emphasized, with explanations of why specific drugs may or may not be appropriate for use in a dental treatment plan.
- Note boxes highlight important concepts, indications, contraindications, memory tools, warnings, and more.
- Chapter review questions help you assess your understanding.
- Informative appendixes make it easy to look up need-to-know information.
- A new Hygiene-Related Oral Disorders chapter summarizes prevention and treatment of dental caries, gingivitis, and tooth hypersensitivity.
- A new Natural/Herbal Products and Dietary Supplements chapter relates this fast-growing area to dental hygiene.
- New Dental Hygiene Considerations boxes show how principles of pharmacology apply specifically to dental hygienists.
- Additional illustrations and tables simplify difficult concepts, including topics such as receptors and metabolism.
- A new full-color insert illustrates examples of many common oral pathological conditions.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.