Maternity Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8e
- A companion Evolve website includes student resources such as NCLEX® exam-style review questions, audio chapter summaries, a care plan builder, nursing skills, interactive case studies, video clips and animations, anatomy reviews, and an audio glossary with Spanish pronunciations.
- Unique! Nursing Alerts highlight critical information in providing care.
- Unique! Emergency boxes provide step-by-step procedures for pediatric and maternity emergencies.
- Unique! Cultural Considerations boxes discuss customs and beliefs of different cultures that may affect care for patients and families.
- Unique! Community Activity boxes provide maternal and newborn exercises to enhance care in local community settings.
- Unique! Nursing Process boxes identify information on major diseases and conditions.
- Patient Instructions for Self-Management boxes highlight the information nurses need to communicate to patients and families.
- Critical Thinking exercises are based on case studies of real-life situations.
- Coverage of nursing care management uses a framework of the five steps of the nursing process as well as a focus on collaborative care.
- Nursing care plans include specific guidelines and rationales for interventions.
- 21st Century Maternity Nursing: Culturally Competent, Family and Community Focused chapter integrates content on the family and home care.
- A focus on the family recognizes the nurse’s need to integrate the family in the care of the mother and newborn, and the importance of the role of the mother to the well-being of the family.
- Updated content includes information on the late preterm infant and associated concerns such as feeding; guidelines on prioritization and delegation; and centering pregnancy, a new model of health care that brings women together in care groups.
- Updated coverage of evidence-based practice includes current research in newly expanded, researched, and reformatted boxes.
- Streamlined content focuses your attention on the most essential, need-to-know information.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.