Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 9e
- A clear, straightforward writing style makes content easy to understand.
- Unique Evidence-Based Practice boxes help you apply both research and critical thought processes to support and guide the outcomes of nursing care.
- Unique Atraumatic Care boxes contain techniques for care that minimize pain, discomfort, or stress.
- Unique Critical Thinking exercises help you test and develop your own analytical skills.
- A unique focus on family content emphasizes the role and influence of the family in health and illness with a separate chapter, discussions throughout the text, and family-centered care boxes.
- Nursing Care Guidelines provide clear, step-by-step, detailed instructions on performing specific skills or procedures.
- Unique Emergency Treatment boxes serve as a quick reference for critical situations.
- Unique Cultural Awareness boxes highlight ways in which variations in beliefs and practices affect nursing care for children.
- A developmental approach identifies each stage of a child's growth.
- Health promotion chapters emphasize principles of wellness and injury prevention for each age group.
- Student-friendly features include chapter outlines, learning objectives, key points, references, and related topics and electronic resources to help you study and review important content.
- A community focus helps you care for children outside the clinical setting.
- Nursing Care Plans include models for planning patient care, with nursing diagnoses, patient/family goals, nursing interventions/rationales, expected outcomes, and NIC and NOC guidelines.
- Nursing Tips include helpful hints and practical, clinical information, and Nursing Alerts provide critical information that must be considered in providing care.
- Unique! Quality patient outcomes are highlighted for major diseases and disorders, reflecting the QSEN focus on patient-centered outcomes.
- Pathophysiology reviews include special illustrations to explain complicated disease processes.
- Complementary & Alternative Therapy boxes include timely information on alternative medicine as a part of complete, comprehensive care.
- Research Focus boxes include the latest research impacting pediatric nursing today.
- Drug Alerts highlight important drug-related information for safe, appropriate care.
- Updates include coverage of hot topics such as the late preterm infant, immunizations, the H1N1 virus, and childhood obesity.
- Unique! Family-Centered Care boxes include features on family-related topics.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Anaxos Inc. Founded in 1999 by Drew and Cynthia Johnson, AnaAnaxos Inc. Founded in 1999 by Drew and Cynthia Johnson, Anaxos is a leading provider of content for print and electronixos is a leading provider of content for print and electronic media.
David Wilson earned a Ph.D. in organic chemistry c media.
David Wilson earned a Ph.D. in organic chemistry from Columbia University, and works as a medical doctor. He from Columbia University, and works as a medical doctor. He taught chemistry at the University level for five years.
?taught chemistry at the University level for five years.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.