Basic Pharmacology for Nurses - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 16e
- Provides an overview of relevant pathophysiology with an application of the nursing process in each drug chapter, followed by an application of the nursing process to each applicable drug class.
- Covers the pharmacology of all major classes of drugs, emphasizing side effects to expect, side effects to report, drug interactions, and more.
- Emphasizes patient education and health promotion with easy-to-recognize Patient Education and Health Promotion headings and reproducible Patient Self-Assessment forms.
- UNIQUE! Each chapter concludes with a 3-part Medication Safety Review that highlights the importance of safe drug administration and provides review and application of key chapter content related to medication safety.
- Provides need-to-know coverage of herbal therapies and dietary supplements with an Herbal and Dietary Supplement Therapy chapter, plus Herbal Interactions boxes throughout the chapters.
- UNIQUE! New coverage of drugs for weight management are included in the expanded Nutrition and Weight Management chapter (Chapter 49).
- Increased emphasis on medication safety prepares nurses to practice more safely in a clinical environment that is both more pressured and more focused than ever on reducing drug errors. The increased emphasis includes Chapter 7: Principles of Medication Administration, do-not-confuse icons, and an icon to signal ISMP's "high alert" drugs.
- As the focus on pharmacology on the NCLEX continues to increase, chapter-ending Medication Safety Review sections have been refocused into three types of application-level questions, including Dosage Calculation Review Questions, Review Questions for the NCLEX Examination, and Critical Thinking Activities.
- Evidence-based practice content is now highlighted with a distinctive icon in the margins.
- The antimicrobial chapter has been broken into three smaller chapters (Antimicrobiotics, Antifungals, Antivirals) resulting in a less overwhelming reading on this topic.
- Updated coverage of the most recent FDA approvals, withdrawals, and therapeutic uses provide impeccably accurate and current content to ensure safe drug therapy.
- Updated and streamlined coverage of nursing care with a stronger focus on the need-to-know material helps students focus on the most current, need-to-know content.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.