- The first text on the market that delineates deep tissue routines or treatments.
- Provides techniques, routines, and procedures for the treatment of a wide array of neuromuscular conditions, including carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis and golfer's elbow, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff dysfunctions, thoracic outlet syndrome, whiplash, migraines, kyphosis, lordosis, and scoliosis, among others.
- Each chapter on conditions follows a template with a definition of the condition, a list of associated symptoms, indications and contraindications for massage, and a procedure/routine.
- Routines are outlined step-by-step and clearly describe for the therapist exactly what needs to be done to treat a particular condition.
- Heavily illustrated, with many photos of each technique and routine, as well as some photos illustrating conditions.
- Photos of indicated and contraindicated stretches with a brief explanation of why they are indicated or contraindicated.
- Includes DVD-ROM with over 1 hour of video showing techniques desribed in the text.
- An excellent clinical companion for massage therapists.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.