Prosthodontic Treatment for Edentulous Patients - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card): Complete Dentures and Implant-Supported Prostheses (Pageburst Digital Book)
- This text addresses the different types of edentulous patients, including thorough discussions of both short- and long-term patients.
- Detailed coverage of the elderly and/or edentulous patients provides the reader with the specialized knowledge needed to treat these groups.
- Over 800 images accompanying procedures, concepts, and techniques enhance understanding and comprehension of each topic presented.
- Material on achieving a satisfactory esthetic effect emphasizes the importance of satisfying the patient.
- Topics on related and supplemental procedures feature information on overdentures, immediate dentures, and single complete dentures.
- This title has been revised more than any other book on the subject, in order to maintain its long-standing value and recognition as an authoritative source on prosthodontics for the edentulous.
- The condensed format provides relevant information that is conveniently sized and reasonably priced.
- Clear and concise language makes even the most difficult subjects and procedures easy to follow.
- The bibliography lists at the end of each chapter direct readers to additional literature on the topics.
- The diverse and distinguished editorial/contributor pool lends credibility and experience to each topic.
- The content has been reorganized to make the material more concise and easier to read.
- Brand new chapters on temporomandibular disorders, materials prescribed, and the current and future direction in implant prosthodontics keep the reader aware of developments in the field.
- As reflected in the changed title, this edition has been expanded and updated to emphasize the growing importance of implant-supported prostheses.
- The reorganization and consolidation of chapters into four major sections enhances readability.
- Eight new contributors and 4 new editors offer a fresh perspective.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Steven Eckert DDS
Professor of Dentistry
200 First St SW
Rochester, MN 55905
"This new edition is divided into six parts; The patient; Treatment options; The materials used; Clinical protocols for diverse treatment scenarios; Clinical protocol specific to implant-supported prosthodontics management; and, finally, Additional considerations in the management of edentulous patients...It examines the 'appropriatech' concept of providing cost-effective, appropriate care describes techniques that make complete dentures accessible to those who do not have access to alternative care, including discussions of alternative care, including discussions of alternative protocols, such as Complete Dentures in Four Clinical Sessions (CD4). There are over 800 colour photographs and illustrations."
BDA News, November 2012
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.