Mosby's Dental Drug Reference - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
- User-friendly, durable, pocket-sized format provides information at a glance, and makes this guide ideal for chairside use.
- More than 800 detailed monographs include each drug's generic name, pronunciation, brand names, drug class, controlled substances schedule, mechanism of action, uses or indications, doses and routes of administration, side effects/adverse reactions, contraindications, precautions, pharmacokinetics, drug interactions of concern to dentistry, and other dental considerations.
- Dental considerations include suggestions for consultations and recommendations for the patient/family in preventing dental complications.
- A companion CD includes a full-color pill atlas, a searchable glossary of terms with pronunciations, illustrations of drug-related pathologic oral conditions, and patient information handouts.
- Useful appendices summarize information such as combination products, food and herbal interactions, pregnancy and pediatric considerations, and IV compatibilities and incompatibilities.
- The companion Evolve website includes patient teaching guides, a full-color pill atlas, all appendices from the text, alternative medicine information, and regular updates to the book.
- New monographs for recently FDA approved drugs include up-to-date dental considerations.
- More emphasis on oral health, prevention, and treatment from the dental hygienist's perspective helps in educating the patient.
- Stronger coverage of oral contraceptives includes brand names with generic names when possible.
- A list of common prescriptions in the appendix includes the use for each along with rationales, providing a quick reference when considering a drug's implications for dental treatment.
- Expanded resources on CD include a search function and pronunciations for the glossary, plus crossword puzzles, word searches, and additional illustrations of common oral complications, making it easier to recognize terms, drug classes, and pathologic conditions.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"This is a well-organized, comprehensive compilation of drugs presented in an easy-to-use format. The sections on the management of oral lesions, medically compromised patients, and dental considerations for each medication make this an essential reference for oral healthcare providers."-Janet Southerland, DDS, MPH, PhD(Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry) Doody Review: 5 stars
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.