Nursing Theorists and Their Work - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study (Retail Access Card), 8e
The most comprehensive of its kind, Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 8th Edition provides an in-depth look at 39 theorists of historical, international, and significant importance. Each chapter features a clear, consistent presentation of a key nursing philosophy or theory. Case studies, critical thinking activities, and in-depth objective critiques of nursing theories help bridge the gap between theory and application.
- Critical Thinking Activities at the end of each theorist chapter help you to process the theory presented and apply it to personal and hypothetical practice situations.
- A case study at the end of each theorist chapter puts the theory into a larger perspective, demonstrating how it can be applied to practice.
- A Brief Summary in each theorist chapter helps you review for tests and confirm your comprehension.
- A Major Concepts & Definitions box included in each theorist chapter outlines the theory’s most significant ideas and clarifies content-specific vocabulary.
- Each theorist chapter is written by a scholar specializing in that particular theorist’s work, often having worked closely with the theorists, to provide the most accurate and complete information possible.
- Beginning chapters provide a strong foundation on the history and philosophy of science, logical reasoning, and the theory development process.
- Diagrams for theories help you visualize and better understand inherently abstract concepts.
- Pictures of theorists, as well as a listing of contact information for each individual, enables you to contact the source of information directly.
- Theorist chapters have been reviewed and edited by the theorist, validating the accounts set forth in the text for currency and accuracy.
- An extensive bibliography at the conclusion of each theorist chapter outlines numerous primary and secondary sources of information, ideal for both undergraduate and graduate research projects.
- NEW! Quotes from the theorist make each complex theory more memorable.
- NEW! Chapter on Afaf Meleis profiles a theorist who has shaped theoretical development in nursing and explores her "transition theory."
- NEW! Need to Know Information is highlighted to streamline long, complex passages and help you review key concepts.
- NEW! Points for Further Study at the end of each chapter direct you to assets available for additional information.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.