Dental Assisting Online for Modern Dental Assisting (Access Code), 11e
Corresponding to the material in Bird and Robinson's bestselling text, Modern Dental Assisting, and updated and expanded to match the 11th Edition, Dental Assisting Online (DAO) reinforces understanding with a blend of content review and fun, engaging exercises. This new edition of DAO brings concepts to life with 42 interactive modules ― including six all-new modules ― that include videos and animations, interactive exercises, review questions, quizzes, and exams with instant feedback and rationales. Threaded case study content presents realistic clinical scenarios and challenges you to apply what you've learned. Going beyond simple reading and memorization, DAO’s range of audio, visual, and interactive learning opportunities helps you master dental assisting procedures, think critically, and ultimately learn to solve problems in the workplace.
- Correlation with Modern Dental Assisting matches modules to corresponding chapters in the textbook, with reading assignments that provide the necessary background to work through the module.
- Interactive format offers more ways and more opportunities to truly grasp and master challenging and key content, thus increasing your chance for success.
- Interactive exercises offer hands-on experience with word-building, identification and labeling, sequencing, fill-in, crosswords, and multiple-choice questions.
- High-quality photos and drawings illustrate dental assisting concepts and procedures, as well as clinical situations, equipment, and materials.
- Procedure videos and exercises help you learn the steps necessary to perform and demonstrate competency in each skill.
- Threaded case study scenarios focus on a fictitious patient within applicable modules, encouraging you to use the medical/dental histories, periodontal chart, and radiographs to supplement what you’ve learned and provide a realistic continuity of care.
- Key terms are defined in context via a hover feature and linked to a fully searchable glossary with audio pronunciations that is accessible from any screen within the course.
- Lesson quizzes and module exams test your mastery of content and include immediate feedback.
- Expanded-function icons highlight content relating to procedures that may be approved in certain states and prohibited in others.
- Descriptive tooth identification follows each mention of a specific Universal Tooth Number with a description of that tooth to support varying numbering styles among countries.
- Learning-oriented construction separates modules into lessons, with each module designed to be completed in 30-45 minutes and each lesson to be completed within 10-20 minutes.
- User-friendly design and easy navigation makes the module outline and glossary accessible from any screen.
- Introduction screens in each lesson provide a reading assignment from Modern Dental Assisting, and a second screen lists why the information is important, plus learning objectives and key terms.
- NEW! Six new modules accompany book chapters on embryology and histology, head and neck anatomy, periodontics, oral pathology, business office activities, and financial management.
- NEW! Expanded glossary includes new terms and pronunciations.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.