Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2016 Edition (Access Card), 1e
Learn and practice medical coding anytime, anywhere with Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2016 Edition! Reinforcing concepts from Carol J. Buck’s Step-by-Step text, this complete online coding course offers convenient self-study and assessment, including the latest coverage of reimbursement, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding. Interactive lessons incorporate animations, photographs, drawings, narrated slide shows, case-based exercises, pop-up definitions, and professional insights.
- Complete coverage of ICD-10-CM provides plenty of practice with the new code set.
- Over 125 illustrations including medical procedures and conditions that help you understand the services being coded
- Interactive review exercises in each chapter include a special case-based coding activity, including sequencing, as well as matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false questions.
- Real-world coding reports (cleared of all confidential information) simulate the reports you will encounter as a coder and help you apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Synopses of textbook lessons in each online chapter reinforce learning and serve as helpful review tools.
- From the Trenches boxes offer valuable tips and helpful advice for working in today’s medical coding field.
- Automatically scored exams measure your mastery of chapter content.
- Definitions for 650 terms may be accessed with a single click, through links to the glossary.
- Hyperlinks connect you to related websites and other Elsevier resources for enhanced learning.
- UPDATED content includes the latest coding information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
- NEW! Separate HCPCS chapter provides additional practice and focus on the HCPCS code set.
- NEW animations in CPT chapters improve your understanding of important coding concepts.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.