This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Although depression is one of the most common medical disorders, it is also one of the least understood. In this sympathetic, hopeful guide, acclaimed medical writer Elaine Fantle Shimberg shoes you and your family how to act effectively to provide the best treatment possible. You will learn:
* Twelve ways you can help a depressed loved one
* How to recognize its symptoms
* How to protect yourself and other family members from "catching" a loved one's depression
* What to do when your child is depressed
* How to respond to talk of suicide
* How to encourage the sufferer to seek professional treatment
* And much more
Includes a comprehensive list of community support groups, crisis centers, government and social service agencies.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"It's clear, authoritative, sensitive -- an easy read about a heavy subject."
-- Sol Gordon, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus, Syracuse University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Ballantine Books, 1991. Mass Market Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0345369610
Book Description Ballantine Books, 1991. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0345369610