This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The consumer’s guide to pills—completely revised 16th edition for 2014 with more than 20 important new drugs and dozens of new brand names
NO HOME SHOULD BE WITHOUT THIS BOOK!
For more than three decades, millions of consumers have trusted The Pill Book to provide official, FDA-approved information on more than 1,800 of the most commonly prescribed drugs in the United States, with guidelines from leading pharmacists. Each drug is profiled in a concise, readable, easy-to-understand entry, making The Pill Book the perfect reference when you have questions about the medications your doctor prescribes. Inside you’ll discover
• generic and brand-name listings that can help you save money
• what each drug is for, and how it works
• usual dosages, and what to do if a dose is skipped
• side effects and possible adverse reactions, highlighted for quick reference
• interactions with other drugs and food
• overdose and addiction potential
• alcohol-free and sugar-free medications
• the most popular self-injected medications and their safe handling
• information for seniors, pregnant and breast-feeding women, children, and others with special needs
• cautions and warnings, and when to call your doctor
• 32 pages of actual-size color photographs of prescription pills
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Harold M. Silverman, Pharm.D., is a pharmacist and has been practicing medical and health-care public affairs and communications for more than fifteen years. He is the co-author of The Vitamin Book and author of the chapter on generic drugs in The Merck Manual: Home Edition.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want