Practical, concise advice for advanced writers who want to further strengthen and polish their writing. In straightforward and vigorous language, Successful Writing offers expert help, whether students are writing within their college major or they are preparing to write on the job.
Highlights of the Fourth Edition:
* "Document Design", a new chapter that targets the visual elements of writing: planning reader friendly documents, arranging layouts, choosing type, and incorporating graphics and illustrations.
* "Writing Research Papers", Chapter 11, now provides up-to-date coverage of electronic research tools, including guidelines for finding and evaluating Internet material and documenting electronic sources.
* New sample paper, shown at different stages of the writing process and also includes updated examples by professional, academic; student writers that show how writers shape their prose for different audiences.
* Increased coverage of biased language, expands on earlier discussions of sexist language.
* Quick reference boxes and lists, consolidate information throughout for easy reference and review.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Maxine C. Hairston is professor emeritus of English at the University of Texas at Austin, where she served as coordinator of advanced expository writing courses, director of first-year English, and associate dean of humanities. She is past chair of the Conference on College Composition and Communication and is currently co-editor of The Riverside Reader as well as co-author of The Scott Foresman Handbook for Writers.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description W W Norton & Co Inc, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 4 Sub. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0393971961
Book Description W W Norton & Co Inc, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0393971961